Login »

Consumers, Need Help?

Call 800-524-9023
800.955.8771 (TTY)
800.955.8770 (Voice)


Useful Hints

Not sure how to answer the questions about your property? Check your current insurance policy or your county property appraiser's office.

Check the financial stability of the companies you are considering. Information sources include rating companies such as A.M. Best and Standard & Poor's as well as consumer magazines. When you've narrowed the field to three insurers, get price quotes.

Remember that flood insurance and earthquake damage are not covered by a standard homeowners' policy. If you buy a house in a flood-prone area, you'll have to pay for a flood policy that costs an average of $400 a year. The Federal Emergency Management Agency provides useful information on flood insurance on its Web site at FEMA.gov.

If you have already received insurance for the property coverage requested and you no longer wish to receive our services please withdraw yourself from FMAP to prevent further contact.