Get Help Finding Insurance for Your Property
The Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP) is a free and convenient service that can help you find insurance coverage for your Florida home, rental and vacation property. It works by matching you with agents who are able to secure coverage from Florida-authorized insurance companies writing policies in your area.* It was authorized by the Florida Legislature in 1985.
FMAP’s online matching service can help you find insurance coverage for houses, condominiums, mobile homes, townhouses and apartments by matching your information with agents writing coverage with Florida-authorized insurance companies doing business in your area.
*FMAP offers direct referrals for commercial residential, commercial nonresidential or liability coverage. For more information, call us at 800.524.9023. FMAP is not available for workers' compensation, employer's liability, malpractice or motor vehicle coverage.
How FMAP Works
Once you register a Property Quote Request, your information is provided to participating agents interested in helping you find coverage for your home. Agents who think they can help you will contact you with information and quotes from Florida-authorized insurance companies interested in covering your home.
FMAP does not provide direct insurance quotes, or lists of agents or insurance companies.
What You’ll Need
When you register, you’ll be asked to provide your contact information and some basic information about your property. Most of the information can be found through the following resources:
- Current or previous property insurance policy
- Property appraisal
- Your local county property appraiser’s office
Unsure how to answer questions about your property?
Most answers can be found in your current policy or from your local property appraiser.
Research before you buy.
Information about insurance company consumer ratings and financial stability is available from companies such as AM Best, Standard & Poor's, and from consumer magazines and websites.
Flood insurance is not included in a standard homeowners' policy.
Visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency to learn more about the importance of flood insurance. Your agent can help you purchase flood insurance for your property.
Have you found coverage and no longer need FMAP?
- If you found coverage through FMAP please contact the agent to have them update your property quote request.
- If you did not find coverage through an FMAP agent and are no longer in need of assistance you can withdraw your account.
Property Quote Request
Help finding your next property insurance policy is only a click away*:
- Provide your property details.
- Take a short questionnaire about your property.
Your information must be accurate to match you with agents. If you're unsure how to answer the questions, check your current insurance policy or county property appraiser's office.
- Provide your contact information.
- Submit your Property Quote Request.
- Licensed agents will contact you to discuss your coverage options.
*If you need additional assistance registering you can call 800.524.9023.
If you have already registered you can review your property quote request information and/or update the need by date for your request.
Consumer - Direct Referrals
In addition to our online matching service for residential property insurance, you also can get direct referrals for the following coverage types by calling FMAP at 800.524.9023:
- Commercial residential – condo associations, apartment buildings, homeowners associations
- Commercial nonresidential - restaurants, strip malls, office buildings
- Liability – electric wheelchairs, in-home daycare, state contract eldercare, aircraft, animal liability, building contractor GL, business operations, boat, hull
*FMAP is not available for workers' compensation, employer's liability, malpractice or motor vehicle coverage.