Get Free Referrals while Helping Florida Homeowners Find Coverage
The Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP) is a free and convenient online property insurance referral service that matches home, rental and vacation property owners with agents and Florida-authorized insurance companies writing policies in their area.* It was authorized by the Florida Legislature in 1985.
*FMAP is not available for workers' compensation, employer's liability, malpractice or motor vehicle coverage.
How FMAP Works
Free Online Referrals
FMAP’s free service matches individuals seeking residential property insurance with participating agents who may be able to write a policy in the private market. Agents receive nightly email notices from FMAP, alerting them to potential customers seeking coverage that matches personalized eligible-policy criteria. They also can search the database at any time to identify potential customers.
- Complete the Company Registration form.
- FMAP will provide you with a Login ID and password.
- Set up search criteria based on the types of property you cover.
- You can create up to 10 active searches.
- More detailed searches will be more likely to match you with consumers who meet your eligibility requirements.
- Run a search and tag any potential matches.
- Once tagged, you’ll receive their contact information, property address, need-by date, coverage amount, property type, year-built and construction type.
- Contact your matches to provide them with a quote.
- Update FMAP with the results of your solicitation within 30 days of tagging it.
- This is a requirement for keeping your account active and receiving free leads from FMAP.
Register with FMAP to receive free leads and start growing your business today!
Get the Most from FMAP
To make sure you are getting the most out of your FMAP experience, review the FMAP Agent Tutorial to learn more about how FMAP works and what it can do for you and your business.
The Agent Tutorial walks you through FMAP registration and the matching process to make registering for and getting started with FMAP as easy and successful as possible.
- You are prohibited from placing FMAP leads in Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, surplus lines carriers or companies with which only your agency holds an appointment.
- As a requirement of using FMAP, you must update FMAP with the results of any lead you tag for solicitation.