1. What is the Florida Market Assistance Plan and what services do they offer?
Authorized by the Florida Legislature in 1985, the Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP) is a free and convenient property insurance referral service.
FMAP offers the following free services:
- FMAP Online Referral Program is an online referral program, www.fmap.org, that matches consumers seeking personal residential property insurance with licensed agents and insurers offering coverage in Florida. Participating agents have real-time access to the FMAP database and can use the automated search feature to set up nightly alerts when a request for coverage matches specific search criteria.
- FMAP Direct Referral Program is a hotline that provides consumers direct agent referrals when seeking commercial residential, commercial nonresidential and liability insurance.
Note: FMAP is not available for workers' compensation, employer's liability, malpractice or motor vehicle coverage.
2. What are the participation requirements for the online referral service?
Agents must meet the following criteria to participate in FMAP:
- Licensed Florida agent
- Directly appointed with at least 10 Florida-authorized personal residential insurance companies
- The 10 appointments must include companies that are authorized to write business and have informed the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) that they are currently writing new personal residential business.
- Qualifying appointments do not include Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, surplus lines carriers or MGA/agency appointments.
3. How do I register with FMAP?
To register with FMAP:
- Review the Agent Guide. The Agent Guide walks you through FMAP registration and the matching process to make registering for and getting started with FMAP as easy and successful as possible.
- Complete the FMAP registration process. In addition to standard registration contact information, you’ll need your DFS agent license number and active appointments with at least 10 Florida-authorized personal residential insurance companies.
4. How do I receive daily leads?
Setting up daily leads is simple. Get started by:
- Entering search criteria based on the covered property types of your appointed companies.
- You can create up to 10 active searches.
- More detailed searches are more likely to match you with consumers who meet your appointed companies’ eligibility requirements.
- Run a search and tag any potential leads.
- You’ll receive contact information, the property address, the need by date, coverage amount, property type, year built and construction type for all tagged leads.
- Contact the consumer to provide them with a quote.
You also can search the database at any time to identify potential customers.
Note: A requirement for keeping your FMAP account active is to provide updated results of your solicited leads within 30 days of tagging.
5. What types of properties are eligible for FMAP registration?
The FMAP online referral service is designed for personal residential property; however, FMAP does offer direct referrals for commercial residential, commercial nonresidential or liability coverage. FMAP is not available for workers' compensation, employer's liability, malpractice or motor vehicle coverage.
The Direct Referral Program provides agent contact information to consumers seeking commercial residential, commercial nonresidential and liability insurance. Agents interested in participating in the Direct Referral Program must complete the Agent Referral form.
6. Are FMAP leads eligible for placement with Citizens?
FMAP leads must be placed with an active Florida-authorized private market insurance company. You are prohibited from placing FMAP leads in Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, surplus lines carriers, or companies with which only your agency holds an appointment.
7. How do I update my email address with FMAP?
If you are also appointed with Citizens, contact your agency principal to update your email address via myAgency. If you are not appointed with Citizens, contact Citizens’ Agent Administration Department at 888.685.1555.
8. Why does my Matched Leads dashboard only display 50 leads?
No more than 50 leads will display on the Matched Leads tab at one time. As you mark a lead as Not Interested or Tag Lead, more leads will display under the Matched Leads tab.