Get Free Referrals while Helping Florida Homeowners Find Coverage
The Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP) is a free and convenient online property insurance referral service that matches home, rental and vacation property owners with agents able to secure coverage from Florida-authorized insurance companies writing policies in their area.* It was authorized by the Florida Legislature in 1985.
Agents participating in FMAP can search FMAP’s database in real time and set up nightly alerts from FMAP’s automated search feature to receive notifications when a request for coverage matches your specific search criteria.
*FMAP is not available for workers' compensation, employer's liability, malpractice or motor vehicle coverage.
Who Can Participate
To participate as an agent in FMAP, you must meet the following criteria:
- Licensed Florida agent
- Directly appointed with at least one Florida-authorized insurance company. Qualifying appointments do not include Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, surplus lines carriers or MGA/agency appointments.
- FMAP leads may not be used to place a policy in Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, surplus lines carriers, or companies with which only your agency holds an appointment.
How FMAP Works
FMAP offers the following programs and services to help you identify potential new clients:
Free Online Referrals
FMAP’s free service matches individuals seeking residential property insurance with participating agents who may be able to write a policy in the private market. You’ll receive nightly email notices from FMAP, alerting you to potential customers seeking coverage that matches your personalized eligible-policy criteria. You also can search the database at any time to identify potential customers.
- Register with FMAP. You’ll need your name, address, phone number, Social Security number, DFS agent license number and appointment with at least one Florida-authorized private-market insurance company.
- Review the Agent Tutorial.
- Set up search criteria based on the types of property your appointed companies will cover.
- You can create up to 10 active searches.
- More detailed searches will be more likely to match you with consumers who meet your companies’ eligibility requirements.
- Run a search and tag any potential matches.
- Once tagged, you’ll receive their contact information, property address, need-by date, coverage amount, property type, year-built and construction type.
- Contact your matches to provide them with a quote.
- Update FMAP with the results of your solicitation within 30 days of tagging it.
- This is a requirement for keeping your account active and receiving free leads from FMAP.
Direct Referral Program
FMAP provides agent contact information to consumers seeking commercial residential, commercial nonresidential, marine and aircraft property insurance.
If you would like to be included in our agent referral list for these coverage types, complete the Agent Referral form.
Register with FMAP to receive free leads and start growing your business today!
Get the Most from FMAP
To make sure you are getting the most out of your FMAP experience, review the FMAP Agent Tutorial to learn more about how FMAP works and what it can do for you and your business.
The Agent Tutorial walks you through FMAP registration and the matching process to make registering for and getting started with FMAP as easy and successful as possible.
- You are prohibited from placing FMAP leads in Citizens Property Insurance Corporation, surplus lines carriers or companies with which only your agency holds an appointment.
- As a requirement of using FMAP, you must update FMAP with the results of any lead you tag for solicitation.